Constitution of the Asia & the Pacific Policy Society
The key objectives of the Society are:
(1) to support and disseminate the most up-to-date and policy relevant research on Asia and the Pacific;
(2) to enhance the quality of public policy in Asia and the Pacific and
(3) to link stakeholders in public policy to improve the quality of public policy decision making in Asia and the Pacific.
Article 1 Asia and the Pacific Policy Society
1.1 The name of the Society shall be the Asia and the Pacific Policy Society, hereinafter referred to as ‘the Society’.
Article 2 Objectives of the Society
2.1 The objectives of the Society shall be to:
- Position the most up-to-date and policy relevant research on Asia and the Pacific within the mainstream of public policy.
- Enhance the quality of public policy in Asia and the Pacific.
- Link stakeholders in public policy across disciplines on key economic, political science, governance, development and environmental issues in Asia and the Pacific.
Article 3 Membership and benefits
3.1 Membership requires a commitment to work on the objectives of the Society.
3.2 All members of the Society shall be subject to the obligations and duties applicable to membership of the Society.
3.3 The rights and privileges of a member of the Society shall not be transferable to any other person.
3.4 The categories of membership of the Society shall consist of: 1. Fellows; 2. Members; 3. Such other grades of membership as are determined from time to time by the President of the Society.
3.5 The decision as to who will qualify to be a Fellow or Member will be made by the President of the Society.
3.6 To qualify for nomination to the Society as a Fellow, a person must have made:
- An exemplary and distinguished contribution to the advancement of policy research in Australia, Asia and the Pacific; and
- A contribution to the advancement of the Society; or Current and past presidents of the Society are automatically Fellows of the Society. Fellows of the Society may use the designation and honorific APPSF (Asia and the Pacific Policy Society Fellow).
3.7 Standard membership is open to all those who wish to join.
3.8 Any eligible person shall become a part of the Society on signing their name to the official membership list of the Society and confirmation by the President of the Society. Fellows and Members may have their membership revoked if the President of the Society considers that they membership brings the Society into disrepute.
3.9 There shall be no joining fee charged for any category of membership of the Society, but an annual membership fee may be payable if decided by the President of the Society.
Article 4 Dissolution of the Society
4.1 The Society may be dissolved by the President of the Society